How to Buy the Best Mattress for a Good Night's Sleep
January 07, 2004
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
has been said that without a good mattress your mood and health
will suffer, as your mattress is the key to getting a good night's
sleep. The common rule of thumb is to replace your mattress
every eight to 10 years. It can be a daunting task since there
are many different brands and types for consumers to research.
Here are just some of the different types of mattresses out
- Viscoelastic Temperature-Sensing Foam Mattress
- Latex Mattresses
- Air Beds
- Traditional Coil Mattresses
Not only does lacking sleep pose a risk to your health,
but it could also put you and others at risk for tragic accidents
on the roads and highways. Follow these tips from the National
Sleep Foundation and the American Automobile Association for
some safe sleeping advice:
- Don't drink and drive, especially when you haven't had
enough shut-eye. Lack of sleep can make one drink feel like
four or five.
- Keep your regular sleep schedule, going to bed and waking
up at the same time every day of the week.
- Limit eating and drinking before bedtime. A small snack
is okay but caffeine, nicotine and alcohol are not.
- Continue to exercise regularly.
- If you're traveling, get a good night's sleep before your
trip. This means at least 8 hours for adults and 8.5 to
9.25 hours for teens.
- Don't drive early in the morning or late at night, times
when you're normally asleep.
- Schedule regular stops, every 100 miles or two hours.
- Avoid alcohol and medications (such as antihistamines)
that may impair performance or make your drowsy.
- Make sure you have a companion to help keep you awake.
Line Secrets July 1, 2003
News December 22, 2003