Lipitor No Better Than Other Cholesterol Drugs
September 20, 2005
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
According to a German study, Lipitor, Pfizer's cholesterol-lowering statin drug and the best-selling drug in the world, is no more effective than similar cholesterol drugs, and in some cases may have worse side effects.
Controversy Follows New Price Guidelines
The study demonstrating this stems from a controversy in Germany regarding the pricing of Lipitor and other statin drugs.
Health insurers in Germany introduced a fixed price for Lipitor at the end of 2004. Pfizer asked its patients to pay the difference between the price of Lipitor and the sum that would be paid by health insurers, then started an advertising campaign in newspapers arguing that Lipitor is better than other statins. Most other pharmaceutical companies lowered the price of their drugs after the fixed price was introduced.
Lipitor No Better and Often Worse
The study, which involved a survey of previous studies from around the world, found that:
- Lipitor did not prolong the life of people with chronic coronary heart disease
- For acute diseases, Lipitor, Zocor, and Pravastin provided similar results
- Lipitor did not prolong life in people with diabetes mellitus
- Some studies on Lipitor had to be stopped because it had more side effects compared with Zocor
Effortless Healing – My New York Times Best Selling Book – NOW AVAILABLE!
My newest book, Effortless Healing is now available! I've organized this book into a guide that will help you avoid the many pitfalls of the conventional approach to health. Rather than relying on expensive and potentially dangerous drugs, I will help you effortlessly make small shifts in what you eat and how you live to achieve your health goals. I promise, Effortless Healing isn't a book that will overwhelm you. On top of that, ordering the book today entitles you to 3 exclusive bonuses:
A sneak peek of my new book! You won’t need to wait for the book to arrive to get started. Begin reading my new book right away with your free sneak preview!
My most popular video interviews, all in one place. I’ve compiled 18 of my BEST expert interviews for you to watch and listen to at your leisure, and in the comfort of your own home or office.
Receive 15% off your next Mercola.com order. Depending on your order, your savings from this one bonus alone could more than cover the cost of your book!
All My Profits from This Book Will Be Donated
That's right. When you order a copy of my new book Effortless Healing, you'll be making a much-deserved donation to the key organizations that work quietly and efficiently behind the scenes to make the world a healthier place for you, your family, and your community.
Among them, you'll be benefiting and supporting the actions of:
- National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) – A non-profit organization that seeks to prevent vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and defending your right of informed choice.
- Organic Consumers Association (OCA) – A grassroots public interest organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability, and addressing food safety, GMOs, the industrial agricultural complex, children's health, and more. The ONLY U.S. organization focused exclusively on the interests that you and I share!
- Consumers for Dental Choice – Children, the unborn, and employees in the dental field are particularly vulnerable to mercury. But so is everyone with a mouthful of amalgam fillings (which are 50% mercury) at risk. Consumers for Dental Choice is working to phase out amalgam use and to promote access to mercury-free alternatives.
- Fluoride Action Network (FAN) – An international coalition aimed at ending water fluoridation and alerting you to fluoride's environmental and health risks. FAN keeps you informed about fluoride toxicity, and monitors government actions that may expose you to fluoride.
Are you ready to get started? The timing has never been better. Order your copy of Effortless Healing today, collect your free gifts, and let your journey begin!