Handling an angry dog truly is a real world worst-case scenario you could easily face someday.
After the recent death of a little girl who was mauled by a pit bull terrier, this interesting BBC News article posted a number of tips to help people protect themselves from an angry dog or minimize the damage should they be attacked.
- Avoid direct eye contact, as dogs interpret it as confrontational.
- Make no sudden movements.
- Step away slowly and don't run.
- Keep your hands in your pockets.
- Don't separate dogs that are fighting.