Investigation Reveals First Commercialized GMO Maize Was Toxic to Farm Animals
Study: Raw Milk Can Reduce Asthma and Allergies
The Amazing Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
A Healthy Chocolate Snack
Dr. Mercola & Travis Christofferson on the Metabolic Theory of Cancer
Dr. Mercola & Dr. Volek Discuss Carbohydrate Diets
View All Health Videos
I would strongly recommend taking the time to set aside and watch this video by Dr. Blaylock who is a retired neurosurgeon and probably the US leading expert in MSG toxicity. Even if you avoid MSG you will want to have the scientific understanding of why you need to avoid it and the damage it doe
MSG is a toxic substance people consume in processed foods, and probably wouldn't if they knew it causes many of their brain cells to die. MSG, like L-cysteine and aspartame, is an excitotoxin -- a chemical transmitter that causes your brain cells to overwork themselves until they die.
Based on peer reviewed studies, there is no question that MSG is neurotoxic. It can cause blindness and many other problems such as headaches, fatigue, disorientation and depression.
But most people eat MSG without even being aware that they are doing it. Most MSG comes in the form of glutamic acid, the chemical's active component, and is listed on labels under seemingly innocuous names like "natural flavors" or "hydrolyzed protein". It is very difficult to really know whether MSG is in your food because it has so many aliases. A small sampling of the many ingredients that contain MSG includes:
The bottom line is that you are going to need to invest some time in the kitchen if you want to stay healthy and avoid foods containing MSG.