Five Powerful Reasons to Eat Slower
August 04, 2007
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
Can the act of eating slower change your life? Maybe so.
The Slow Food Movement grew out of Italy, some two decades ago, to counter the encroaching fast food movement. But it is not just about slow-cooked, healthy food -- it’s an entire lifestyle.
Eating slower has several benefits that, overall, may pave the way to a more fulfilling existence.
What can you gain from slowing down at mealtime?
ZenHabits.com July 13, 2007
- Lose weight. Eating slowly gives your body the time it needs to register that it‘s full, which curbs overeating.
- Gastronomic pleasure. You have to eat -- why not make it an enjoyable experience?
- Improved digestion. Digestion starts in the mouth, so the more you chew, the less work your stomach needs to do.
- Reduced stress! No time to defrag and meditate? Let mealtime be your moment of mindful being.
- Connect with the people around you.