Hide this

How Mercury Damages Your Brain

July 17, 2007 | 46,547 views

If you’ve ever questioned just how dangerous mercury is for your brain, this short film from the University of Calgary will put your suspicions to rest.

The film shows, in vivid detail, exactly what happens to your brain cells when they’re exposed to mercury, making it easy to understand why mercury has been linked to a host of harmful reactions like autism, heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, infertility and many more.

KickThemAllOut.com July 1, 2007


Dr. Mercola's Comments:

Despite its well-known dangers and role as a potent neurotoxin, many naïve people increase their exposure to mercury daily by eating contaminated seafood. Whether fish come from the ocean, lakes, rivers or streams, nearly all sources are contaminated with mercury, making them unsafe to eat.

And your brain and body can be exposed to toxic mercury through a number of other ways as well, from getting a flu shot to having a dental filling. Studies have found people with amalgam dental fillings can have mercury vapor concentrations 10 times higher than those in people without them. Also, simple activities such as chewing gum, drinking hot liquids and brushing teeth can further increase the release of mercury.

I urge you to review the various research and papers I have posted on my site regarding the issue, particularly if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:

  • Fatigue
  • Irritability
  • Feeling “foggy-headed”
The above are just a few of the signs that let you know you may be suffering from metal poisoning -- a toxic accumulation of heavy metals in the soft tissues of the body. Mercury vapor is highly permeable and it will go through your skull bone like a hot knife through butter, and it will stay there firmly bound to sulfur proteins in your brain, causing damage to the microtubules that nourish your brain cells.

Thank you! Your purchases help us support these charities and organizations.