Budget Savvy Tips For Healthy Eating
July 19, 2007
It’s a common misconception that eating healthy food is expensive. In reality, healthy eating is cheaper than eating junk food -- that is, if you know where to look.
For those of you looking to stick to healthy food while also sticking to a budget (which is most everyone!), here are some great tips:
- Skip prepared or pre-cut foods, which can cost far more than unprepared versions.
- Plan your meals ahead of time (including cooking large batches and freezing some for later) so you don’t have to splurge on expensive, unhealthy fast-food at the last minute.
- Pass on costly junk foods like potato chips, soda, cookies and other snacks.
- Buy lots of fresh veggies. They’re usually less expensive than canned versions.
- Only buy what you need. Keep track of what’s in your pantry so you don’t double-up on foods unnecessarily.
St.LouisToday.com July 2, 2007