What's Up, Doc? A Soup That Even Bugs Bunny Would Love
August 20, 2007
Today, I‘ll show you how to make a lovely summer chilled, raw, creamy carrot soup. If you‘ve never tried a chilled soup before, I really recommend you try at least one of them. The other of course was a raw, very spicy, tomato soup from my other video. They‘re so easy to make, much easier than regular, hot soups, and much better for you.
- 3 large organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Small handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Approx 1 1/2 cups freshly-juiced carrots
- Approx 1/3 teaspoon cumin
- Place tomatoes, green onions, basil and avocado into large mixing bowl if using immersion blender (or large blender or food processor).
- Pour in carrot juice.
- Add cumin.
- Add lemon juice.
- Whiz up with immersion blender (or blend in blender or food processor) until smooth.
You may think it‘s a funny color, but fear not. The taste is superb! If you‘d like, you can strain it before serving, but I like mine a bit chunky, with the veggies left in.
There you have it: A fantastic, chilled, raw, summer soup that‘s really good for you and your family. I‘m sure you‘ll all love it!
Note: This recipe is great for mixed or carb types. If you‘re a carb type, omit the avocado. But if you really like avocado, go ahead and add a little bit in if you want to.