Some ads promote Dubai, UAE, as a wonderful and glamorous haven for those seeking to “escape” the United States for a more adventurous life. However, according to this article, you may be in for more than you bargained for if you make the move.
Here, Tia O’Neill lays out the Top 20 reasons not to move to Dubai. Some of the more entertaining reasons include:
- There is no standard address system. Instead of an address line there’s a box, where you’re expected to draw in a map of the destination.
- It is supremely HOT – and with the breeze, akin to pointing a hairdryer on full blast directly at your face.
- You have to get your boss’ approval to drink alcohol in your own home, rent property, have a telephone, or get a satellite TV.
- There’s no telling when the weekend is, as the government can change it at any time.
- Every sitcom that failed in the U.S. has been purchased and is now playing in Dubai.