Always Amazing Almond Milk
October 01, 2007
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article!
Email this article to a friend
Today, I‘ll show you how to make raw almond milk, which is a great substitute for dairy milk or even for soymilk, which many are steering away from due to health concerns.
Almond milk is delicious and can be used in place of milk in most recipes. Try it in coffee or tea, as well as in desserts, including puddings.
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup raw almonds that have been soaked 4 hours
- Sweeteners and/or flavorings, such as pinch of salt, raw honey, vanilla, nutmeg, etc. (optional)
- Soak almonds 4 hours and strain.
- Place filtered water and soaked almonds in blender.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- Pour contents from blender through nut milk straining bag.
- Close bag and strain almond milk by squeezing milk through bag.
- If desired, sweeten with raw honey or vanilla.
Note: Nut milk bags can be found on the internet. Alternatively, you may use cheesecloth, any bag made of fine mesh, or a fine-mesh stainless steel strainer.