Chicken Dies After Drinking Chinese Bottled Water
October 04, 2007
A member of a Chinese family living on the southern island province of Hainan began vomiting blood after drinking some bottled water, so the family decided to test the rest of the water on a chicken.
The chicken drank the rest of the water from the bottle, and died within a minute, according to the Beijing News.
Authorities in the province were investigating the incident.
The bottled-water mishap adds to the growing safety concerns surrounding products made in China. To date, the safety of Chinese-made toys, toothpaste, seafood, and other products have been in question.
Yahoo News September 10, 2007