Shift Happens Again -- Facts You Need To Know
October 25, 2007
This is a fascinating video that really puts things into perspective -- and makes your head spin at the same time. It is an official update to the original "Shift Happens" video from Karl Fisch and Scott McLeod, which I posted earlier this year.
For those of you who prefer reading your factoids to hearing them, here are a few of the most thought-provoking tidbits from the piece:
Aside from the astonishing facts (I’m especially awestruck by the technology statistics), I love this video because it prompts countless unanswered questions, then directs you to a place to discuss them.
- In 10 years, China will be the world’s largest English-speaking country
- Today’s learners will have 10 to 14 jobs -- by the time they’re 38
- Technical information is expected to double every 72 hours by 2010
- There are about five times as many words in the English language today as in Shakespeare’s time
- A $1,000 computer may exceed the computing capabilities of the human race by 2049
When you put everyone’s heads together, as happens here on VitalVotes, you have the potential to come up with some real, and very positive, changes.