Raw Honey Cilantro Persimmon Salad
Today, I‘ll show you a super-delicious recipe using Dr. Mercola‘s raw honey: Persimmon Salad with Raw Honey Cilantro Dressing. In case you haven‘t tried them, persimmons are a wonderful fruit that tastes, interestingly, a lot like honey.
I absolutely love raw honey. So, much so, in fact, that whenever I visit another state, I try and pick up a sample of that state‘s raw honey. It‘s absolutely delicious!
You can imagine my excitement when I heard that Dr. Mercola was going to be stocking his own raw, organic honey. This honey is absolutely fabulous! Dr. Mercola has named it, Pure Gold, and it really does look like gold. In the video, have a look at how lovely and golden this honey is. Yummy!
As with making any home-made salad dressing, the trick is to taste as you go and tweak the ingredients to your liking.
- ½ cup organic olive oil (raw if you can find it)
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaping TBSP (or large dollop) raw honey
- 1 small clove garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Generous amount of black pepper, or to taste (note: video erroneously states 1.5 tbsp, please disregard)
- Handful of fresh, organic cilantro
- Mixed salad greens, to fill medium-sized salad bowl
- 2 persimmons, peeled and chopped (may substitute ripe pears)
- ½ cup raw organic mild cheddar cheese, cubed small
- 1 small apple, chopped fine
- Blend all dressing ingredients until creamy and set aside.
- Fill medium-sized salad bowl with mixed salad greens.
- Add in persimmons, cheddar cheese and apple.
- Toss well with dressing.
There you have it! An absolutely delicious, very quick, persimmon salad with raw honey cilantro dressing.
And if you haven‘t already tried Dr. Mercola‘s raw honey, Pure Gold, I strongly recommend you do. It‘s so delectable, and you can use it in many tasty dishes as a good-for-you alternative to sugar. Enjoy!