How to Apply Proven Business Techniques to Your Home Life
March 08, 2008
Home is supposed to be a sanctuary from the pressures of work and public life. This makes many people hesitate to apply work principles at home, even if they work in professional life.
But one thing that can easily be applied to home life is a weekly review with your family. This can help you:
- Gather loose ends: Deal with bills, statements, slips from school, letters, etc.
- Process your inbox: Go through everything together and decide what action needs to be done
- Empty your head: Talk to each other about the events of the past week
- Dream time: Discuss long-term future plans
- Be creative and courageous: Come up with new, creative, thought-provoking, risk-taking ideas
A weekly review can give you a safe space to air little maladjustments before they turn into big problems. They also help you better anticipate what’s coming up. And because you’re working together, you’ll be better able to face the unexpected.