1) Motorists who talk on cell phones are more impaired than drunk drivers with blood-alcohol levels exceeding .08.
2) Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.
3) In some parts of the world, they protect their babies from disease by bathing them in beer.
4) The word ‘gymnasium’ comes from the Greek word gymnazein, which means ‘to exercise naked.’
5) There are more than 1,000 chemicals in a cup of coffee; of these, only 26 have been tested, and half caused cancer in rats.
6) The average American eats at McDonald’s
more than 1,800 times in their life.
7) There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
8) According to U.S. FDA standards, 1 cup of orange juice is allowed to contain 10 fruit fly eggs, but only 2 maggots.
9) You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
10) It is possible to go blind from smoking too heavily.
11) Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
12) You are about 1 centimeter taller in the morning than in the evening.
13) During your lifetime, you’ll eat about 60,000 pounds of food -- that’s the weight of about 6 elephants.