Today, I'll show you how to make a very **simple turkey stock. So, next time you roast a whole turkey (or a chicken), don't throw it out. By all means, use it to make a stock that will enhance whatever dish you use it in later.
Just follow these simple steps, and you'll be so glad you did.
- After picking all the meat from your turkey or chicken, place whole carcass in a stock pot.
- Cover completely with water.
- Over a high flame, bring to boil.
- Lower flame to simmer.
- Simmer at least one hour, or if time permits, several hours.
- Allow to cool about 30 minutes and strain.
- May refrigerate or freeze in smaller containers.
**Some like to add celery, carrots, onions, herbs, etc. to bring out more flavor dimensions in the stock. I like to keep it plain though, and add flavors later when I make my soups.
There you have it! A wonderful, rich stock, the beginning of delicious soups. Enjoy!