Hard-boiled eggs can be annoying and
- Cover the eggs with water and boil on low for about 12 minutes
- Cool the eggs by placing them in cold water with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and ice. The baking soda raises the pH level and reduces adherence. If you choose not to use baking soda, be sure to move the eggs into cold water with plenty of ice immediately after boiling
- Crack the top of the egg and remove a small piece
- Crack the bottom (wide end) of the egg and remove a small piece
- Hold the egg in your hand and blow vigorously into the narrow end of the egg, which will expel it out the wide end
Doesn't get much easier than that! Just be ready to catch it when it comes out…
For tips and guidelines on selecting the freshest and healthiest eggs, please see the links listed under Related Articles.
Warning: Video contains mild profanity, parental guidance suggested.