A Divinely Spicy Thai Soup Infused with Heavenly Flavors!
July 26, 2008
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
I discovered this absolutely delicious recipe a short time ago. Best of all, it's a great way to use your leftover turkey or chicken.
- 1 pint turkey stock (homemade preferably)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 3 large, whole cloves
- 1¼ cups coconut milk
- ½ lime
- Approx 2 TBSP fish sauce (optional, but recommended for full flavor)
- 2 handfuls fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 handfuls scallions, chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh turkey breast, sliced fine
- 1 handful fresh mint, chopped
- A couple jalapeño peppers, sliced (include seeds for more heat; exclude for milder heat)
- 1 handful of mung bean sprouts
- Few lime wedges
- Pour turkey stock into In medium soup pot.
- Add in cinnamon stick halves and cloves.
- Pour in coconut milk.
- Squeeze in lime juice. Stir.
- Over medium-low heat, bring up to a simmer. Simmer 30 minutes to allow flavors to infuse.
- Add in fish sauce and stir.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves from soup.
- On a serving plate, arrange cilantro, scallions, turkey, mint, jalapeños, bean sprouts and lime wedges. Be creative with it; add whichever veggies you like. Each person can make their own soup bowl up, choosing their favorites, adding them to their bowl, then pouring hot soup over top.
- Ladle hot soup into each soup bowl, over chosen veggies.
- Add a squeeze of lime and serve.
Serves about 2
You're going to love this! Enjoy!