10 Reasons to Switch to Gmail
September 06, 2008
Email can greatly increase your productivity … or it can really slow you down. It all depends on the email service you use, along with your personal organizational skills and attention to managing your inbox.
Google’s Gmail is, in my opinion, one of the best free email services out there. Once you get used to it, it will save you precious time and help to keep you organized. Here, Jacob Cass of Just Creative Design expands with 10 reasons why you may want to switch to Gmail too.
1. Gmail spam filters block 99 percent of the spam that usually makes it to your inbox. However, you can get better. I have had my personal email at Mercola.com for nearly 15 years and because of sophisticated firewalls and filtering software I only get several junk emails a day, while my much newer Gmail account gets about 20 a day
2. With Gmail you get to keep your old email account, and all incoming emails will be forwarded to your new Gmail account.
3. You can create Word docs, PDF’s and spread sheets with Gmail via the use of GoogleDocs.
4. Gmail allows you to schedule events with the Google Calendar, and will notify you by email to remind you of an appointment or meeting.
5. Gmail has something called ‘Stars,’ which allows you to tag emails you find important.
6. Your emails are tabbed into a thread, which means you no longer have to look for old emails.
7. You can archive old emails or whole conversations so that you can keep your inbox clear.
8. You can set up filters and labels to keep your inbox organized and clutter free.
9. It has a fast, easy search function, which means you will never lose an email again.
10. All your emails are online, which means that you access your emails from anywhere, not just from one computer.