We've had so many requests for a quick & easy homemade kefir recipe. Well, wait no more! Today, I'll show you how it's done, and it's incredibly quick and easy.
- Approx. 3 cups raw, organic, grass-fed milk (mine's from the fantastic grass-fed, organic dairy farm, Redmond Heritage Farms in Utah)
- 1 packet Kefir starter
- Be sure to start with very clean, dry pan, whisk and glass jar. All should first be washed well in hot water and soap, rinsed thoroughly in hot water and dried well.
- Pour milk into saucepan.
- Heat milk gently over low-to-medium heat until it's body temperature. Check temp with a clean knuckle. It should feel neither warm nor cool, just neutral.
- Whisk in packet of kefir starter.
- Pour into very clean glass jar.
- Let sit on counter at room temperature (about 75° for 18 hours).
- Cover and refrigerate.
Keeps up to one week, after which, it can still be used, but will taste more sour.
There you have it! You've got some really yummy, very-good-for-you kefir. Enjoy!