5 Natural Ways to Boost Your Sex Drive
November 27, 2008
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
Here are some ways to boost your desire without the nasty side effects of drugs:
1. Exercise: Aerobic workouts improve blood flow to sex organs, and they can also boost your mood, pumping up "feel good" brain chemicals called endorphins. The increase in testosterone levels that arrives about one hour after working out can also leave you feeling sexier.
2. Relax: Too much stress increases the stress hormone cortisol, which causes testosterone to plummet.
3. Add a Little Novelty: Recent research shows that partaking in new and challenging experiences with your partner can boost the brain chemical dopamine, which helps fuel sex drive. This doesn't even need to be in the bedroom -- anything new is a good idea.
4. Consider Some Non-Drug Remedies: Ginkgo biloba has been used to treat sexual dysfunction. Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) could be useful, since it's critical for the manufacture of sex hormones in the adrenal glands. Choline may help to enhance levels of acetylcholine, a brain chemical that sends sexual impulses from your brain to your sex organs.
5. Inhale: Certain scents are known to be attractive, including the sweat of your partner.