What is that is stopping you right now from making a much greater contribution to society? What is that is preventing you from fulfilling your potential?
1. You do not have enough belief in yourself. All successful people have enormous self-belief. This does not mean that they are arrogant, narcissistic or complacent -- on the contrary, they are self critical and push themselves hard because they know that they can achieve more.
What is it that is special about you?
2. You do not measure yourself against written goals. It is hard to make progress if you have no clear goals for your life. Set yourself targets in the areas that are important to you. You can be flexible and adjust how you move forward but you must keep moving.
Do you have written objectives that you track regularly?
3. You are too comfortable where you are. It is easy and natural to settle into a rut. High achievers take risks. They move out of their comfort zones.
Where are you right now -- inside your comfort zone or taking risks?
4. You are lazy. Either that or you waste a lot of time every day on low value activities. If you have clear goals but are not making progress towards them, look at your activity level. Persistence pays dividends.
How high is your work rate?
5. You are not mixing with high achievers. Let’s face it -- your friends and family are really nice people but they are not challenging you to achieve more. Spend more time with high flyers and positive thinkers who understand ambition and achievement. They will encourage you and give you the direct advice you need.
How much time are you spending with really successful people?