Shocking Sugar Content of Common Food Products
April 15, 2010
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
This Summer Tomato blog offers many eye-opening facts on the sugar content of common foods.
"Refined sugars and high-fructose corn syrup are considered by many experts to be the biggest contributors to obesity and poor health in Western civilization.
In her book What To Eat, Marion Nestle, professor of nutrition at NYU, suggests that any food that contains more than 15 grams of sugar per serving is closer to dessert than anything else."
Here is a partial list of the foods Summer Tomato posted:
- Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut -- 10 grams
- Ben & Jerry’s vanilla ice cream -- 16 grams
- Starbucks caffè latte grande (16 oz) -- 17 grams
- Subway 6″ sweet onion teriyaki chicken sandwich -- 17 grams
- Yoplait original yogurt -- 27 grams
- Vitamin Water (20 oz bottle) -- 33 g
- Oscar Mayer Lunchables crackers, turkey & American cheese -- 36 grams
- Coca-Cola Classic 12 oz can -- 39 grams
- California Pizza Kitchen Thai chicken salad -- 45 g
- Jamba Juice blackberry bliss 16 oz -- 49 g
- Odwalla SuperFood 450 ml bottle -- 50 g
- Starbucks caffe vanilla frappuccino grande (16 oz) -- 58 g
For more, please read the full article here.