FCC Raises the Red Flag about Cell Phone Hazards
April 27, 2010
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
On November 5, 2009, the FCC released their Consumer Facts on "Wireless Devices and Health Concerns." In this document, the FCC recommends precautions for the use of cell phones.
According to the FCC, “Recent reports by some health and safety interest groups have suggested that wireless device use can be linked to cancer and other illnesses. These questions have become more pressing as more and younger people are using the devices, and for longer periods of time.”
They now recommend the following steps:
- Use an earpiece or headset
- If possible, keep wireless devices away from your body when they are on, mainly by not attaching them to belts or carrying them in pockets
- Use the cell phone speaker to reduce exposure to your head
- Consider texting rather than talking
- Buy a wireless device with lower Specific Absorption Rate (SAR)