9 Ways To Manage People Who Bother You
July 27, 2010
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
Lifehack offers nine tips for dealing with people who bother you:
- You can only change yourself
The best way to address the situation is to change how you perceive it and how you react to it.
- Draw your boundaries
Be clear on what you will tolerate and what you will not tolerate -- then stick with it.
- Be upfront about where you stand
People aren't mind readers, and sometimes they may not be aware that they are infringing on your space or taking up a lot of your time.
- Be firm when needed
If the person does not stick within the boundaries, then enforce them.
- Ignore them
If you just ignore them, they don't have a choice but to seek out someone else.
- Don't take it personally
Most of the times, these people behave the same way around others too.
- Observe how others handle them
The next time you are with this person, get someone else into the conversation too. Observe how the other party handles it.
- Show kindness
Often times, they act the way they do because they are looking for an empathetic ear.
- Help them
Beneath the facade is really a cry for help.
Stay Up-To-Date on the Latest Health News
If you haven't already, here's your chance to subscribe to the world's most popular newsletter! My FREE newsletter is instrumental in changing the lives of many people across the world. If you want to take control of your health then you won't want to miss out on this opportunity.
When you subscribe I guarantee:
- You'll be the first to hear about fast-breaking health news and hard-to-find tips for improving your emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being
- You'll save money because I'm committed to helping you stay healthy, so you won't need expensive prescription drugs or doctor's visits so often
- You'll get straight talk from me in plain English that shatters all the myths and misconceptions about health, aging, and fitness
Don't be left in the dark on breaking health news! Sign up for my daily newsletter today!