9 Ways To Manage People Who Bother You
July 27, 2010
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
Lifehack offers nine tips for dealing with people who bother you:
- You can only change yourself
The best way to address the situation is to change how you perceive it and how you react to it.
- Draw your boundaries
Be clear on what you will tolerate and what you will not tolerate -- then stick with it.
- Be upfront about where you stand
People aren't mind readers, and sometimes they may not be aware that they are infringing on your space or taking up a lot of your time.
- Be firm when needed
If the person does not stick within the boundaries, then enforce them.
- Ignore them
If you just ignore them, they don't have a choice but to seek out someone else.
- Don't take it personally
Most of the times, these people behave the same way around others too.
- Observe how others handle them
The next time you are with this person, get someone else into the conversation too. Observe how the other party handles it.
- Show kindness
Often times, they act the way they do because they are looking for an empathetic ear.
- Help them
Beneath the facade is really a cry for help.
Effortless Healing – One Step at a Time – NOW AVAILABLE!
My newest book, Effortless Healing is now available! I've organized this book into a guide that will help you avoid the many pitfalls of the conventional approach to health. Rather than relying on expensive and potentially dangerous drugs, I will help you effortlessly make small shifts in what you eat and how you live to achieve your health goals. I promise, Effortless Healing isn't a book that will overwhelm you. On top of that, ordering the book today entitles you to 3 exclusive bonuses:
A sneak peek of my new book! You won’t need to wait for the book to arrive to get started. Begin reading my new book right away with your free sneak preview!
My most popular video interviews, all in one place. I’ve compiled 18 of my BEST expert interviews for you to watch and listen to at your leisure, and in the comfort of your own home or office.
Receive 15% off your next Mercola.com order. Depending on your order, your savings from this one bonus alone could more than cover the cost of your book!
All My Profits from This Book Will Be Donated
That's right. When you order a copy of my new book Effortless Healing, you'll be making a much-deserved donation to the key organizations that work quietly and efficiently behind the scenes to make the world a healthier place for you, your family, and your community.
Among them, you'll be benefiting and supporting the actions of:
- National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) – A non-profit organization that seeks to prevent vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and defending your right of informed choice.
- Organic Consumers Association (OCA) – A grassroots public interest organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability, and addressing food safety, GMOs, the industrial agricultural complex, children's health, and more. The ONLY U.S. organization focused exclusively on the interests that you and I share!
- Consumers for Dental Choice – Children, the unborn, and employees in the dental field are particularly vulnerable to mercury. But so is everyone with a mouthful of amalgam fillings (which are 50% mercury) at risk. Consumers for Dental Choice is working to phase out amalgam use and to promote access to mercury-free alternatives.
- Fluoride Action Network (FAN) – An international coalition aimed at ending water fluoridation and alerting you to fluoride's environmental and health risks. FAN keeps you informed about fluoride toxicity, and monitors government actions that may expose you to fluoride.
Are you ready to get started? The timing has never been better. Order your copy of Effortless Healing today, collect your free gifts, and let your journey begin!