Yahoo Shine offers some advice on how to save money at the market with tips from Rebecca DiLiberto's Penny Saving Household Helper. Here are a few:
- Try lining your refrigerator's crisper drawer with paper towels; they'll absorb excess moisture and keep your vegetables from rotting
- A bay leaf in a container of flour, pasta, or rice will repel bugs
- Bananas spoil less quickly in a bunch -- keep them together until you eat them
- To make cottage cheese or sour cream last longer, turn the container upside down -- this creates a vacuum that inhibits the growth of bacteria
- If you're unsure of an egg's freshness, put it in a cup of water; fresh eggs sink, while bad ones float
To read the rest of the tips, you can click on the link below.