7 Tips for Cleaning Fruits, Vegetables
June 07, 2011
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
Nearly 48 million people are sickened by contaminated food each year in the United States. Many people don't realize that even produce can sometimes be the culprit in outbreaks of food-borne illness.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) offers the following tips for protecting yourself:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap before and after preparing fresh produce
- Cut away any damaged or bruised areas
- Gently rub produce while holding it under plain running water
- Wash produce before you peel it
- Use a clean vegetable brush to scrub firm produce
- Dry produce with a clean cloth or paper towel
- Throw away the outermost leaves of a head of lettuce or cabbage
Stay Up-To-Date on the Latest Health News
If you haven't already, here's your chance to subscribe to the world's most popular newsletter! My FREE newsletter is instrumental in changing the lives of many people across the world. If you want to take control of your health then you won't want to miss out on this opportunity.
When you subscribe I guarantee:
- You'll be the first to hear about fast-breaking health news and hard-to-find tips for improving your emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being
- You'll save money because I'm committed to helping you stay healthy, so you won't need expensive prescription drugs or doctor's visits so often
- You'll get straight talk from me in plain English that shatters all the myths and misconceptions about health, aging, and fitness
Don't be left in the dark on breaking health news! Sign up for my daily newsletter today!