5 Ways to Afford Whole Foods on a Budget
June 30, 2011
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
Whole food -- that is to say, unprocessed and unrefined food -- has the reputation of being expensive. But there are many ways to add whole food to your diet while sticking to your budget. Seattle PI suggests a few:
- Buy seasonal: Fruits and vegetables are both cheaper and tastier when purchased in season.
- Use the bulk bins: You won't pay for packaging, labeling and advertising.
- Grow your own: A sunny yard or even a window box can add cheap, fresh food to your plate.
- Use your freezer: Stock up and freeze when whole food is on sale.
- Reduce waste: Don't let leftovers go to waste.
To read more about their suggestions, you can click on the link below.