Two new studies have shown that statins, a class of popular cholesterol-lowering drugs, do not protect against cancer, despite the preliminary indications of some earlier studies.
Just as Likely as Anyone Else
One study examined overall cancer risk, and the other focused solely on colon cancer. In both studies, patients taking statins proved just as likely to develop cancer as anyone else.
Use Proven Methods
Scientists reviewing the studies agreed that those wishing to avoid cancer should not rely on experimental therapies. For those worried about colon cancer, colonoscopies allow polyps to be removed before they turn malignant, reducing the cancer risk by 80 percent to 90 percent.
The author of one of the studies suggested following proven steps to prevent cancer, such as quitting smoking, exercising, and controlling your weight.
The multinational drug corporations will stop at nothing to invent new reasons to convince you to take their dangerous and expensive solutions to health problems.
Please understand that their goal and aim is to create a healthy annuity for themselves and their shareholders that involves extracting as much money possible from the government and your pocketbook.
One of the more ridiculous ones was to use statins to prevent Alzheimer's disease. I can't tell you how many billions of dollars were wasted on that ridiculous use before it was finally "proven" that statins do NOT treat dementia.
Now you can also eliminate cancer prevention as another reason to waste your money and harm your health by taking statin drugs.
However, even as they dismissed statins as a cancer cure, scientists were just as quick to praise this toxic class of drugs as a heart disease preventative, even though a recent study found Lipitor doubled a patient's risk of a fatal stroke.
Fact is, you can virtually eliminate your cancer risk and treat your high cholesterol naturally and safely, if you follow my list of major recommendations I posted on my Web site last year:
1. Control your insulin levels: Make certain that you limit your intake of processed foods and sugars as much as possible.
2. Get appropriate amounts of animal-based omega-3 fats and make sure you use cod liver oil if you don't have regular access to sun exposure.
3. Get appropriate exercise. One of the primary reasons exercise works is that it drives your insulin levels down. Controlling insulin levels is one of the most powerful ways to reduce your cancer risks.
4. Normalize your vitamin D levels with safe amounts of sun exposure. This works primarily by optimizing your vitamin D level. If you have regular access to sun exposure then you should use fish oil, not cod liver oil, as your primary source of omega-3 fats. Ideally, it would be best to monitor your vitamin D levels.
5. Eat according to your nutritional type. The potent anti-cancer effects of this principle are very much underappreciated. When we treat cancer patients in our clinic this is one of the most powerful anti-cancer strategies we have.
6. Have a tool to permanently erase the neurological short-circuiting that can activate cancer genes. Even the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that 85 percent of disease is caused by emotions. It is likely that this factor may be more important than all the other physical ones listed here, so make sure this is addressed. Energy psychology seems to be one of the best approaches and my particular favorite tool, as you may know, is the Emotional Freedom Technique.
7. Only 25 percent of people eat enough vegetables, so by all means eat as many vegetables as you are comfortable with. Ideally, they should be fresh and organic. However, please understand that, frequently, fresh conventionally grown vegetables are healthier than organic ones that are older and wilted in the grocery store. They are certainly better than no vegetables at all, so don't use that as an excuse. If you are a carb nutritional type you may need up to 300 percent more vegetables than a protein nutritional type.
8. Make sure you are not in the two-thirds of the population who are overweight and maintain an ideal body weight.
9. Get enough high-quality sleep.
11. Boil, poach or steam your foods, rather than frying or charbroiling them.