New research has shown for the first time that the human immune system can stop the growth of a cancerous tumor without actually killing it. These results help explain why some tumors suddenly stop growing and go into a long period of dormancy.
The study‘s authors call this cancer-suppressing state “equilibrium.” During equilibrium, the immune system decreases the cancer‘s ability to grow, and kills some cancerous cells, although not enough to eliminate or shrink the tumor.
Researchers injected mice with small doses of a chemical carcinogen and observed those who developed small, stable masses at the site of the injections. When certain components of the animals‘ immune systems were disabled, the growths became full-blown cancers. This suggests that the immune system had been holding the tumors in check.
"We may one day be able to use immunotherapy to artificially induce equilibrium and convert cancer into a chronic but controllable disease," suggests co-author Mark J. Smyth, Ph.D., professor of the Cancer Immunology Program at the Peter McCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne, Australia.
"Proper immune function is now appreciated as another important factor in preventing the development of some cancers. Further research and clinical validation of this process may also turn established cancers into a chronic condition, similar to other serious diseases that are controlled long-term by taking a medicine," he added.
According to a scientific theory called cancer immuno-surveillance, your immune system can discern malignant cells, and attack tumors with the same weapons it uses to eliminate invading microorganisms. Current immunotherapy efforts use pharmaceutical agents to increase the chances that the immune system will recognize and attack tumor cells.
The cancer immuno-surveillance theory however fell out of favour, and in 2001 a new model known as cancer immuno-editing was established.
The cancer immuno-editing theory suggests that conflict between cancers and the immune system takes place naturally, but with three different potential outcomes.
- Your immune system can eliminate cancer, destroying it completely
- Your immune system can form a balance with cancer, by checking its growth but not destroying it
- The cancer can escape from your immune system, and become more malignant
After my recent interview with Dr. David Holt about the concepts inherent in German New Medicine, this article shows how sometimes scientists can be oh-so-close, yet still so far off the mark.
First of all, the statement, "We may one day be able to use immunotherapy to artificially induce equilibrium and convert cancer into a chronic but controllable disease," is a sad testament to the fundamental difference between conventional medicine and real healing.
What Vital Components are Conventional Cancer Researchers Missing?
According to Dr. Geerd Hamer, who re-discovered the natural laws of what he now calls the German New Medicine, cancer is NOT a disease state, but rather a phase during your physical, mental and emotional healing process.
WHOA! That’s a radical statement!
Hope you were sitting down when you read that because I nearly fell out of my chair when I first heard it, because I realized the profound implications of this concept.
But please don’t let the shock value lead you to dismiss it before looking into it further, as there’s simply not enough space for me to do it justice in this article.
But what Hamer discovered is that cancer (as well as ALL other disease) is the temporary outgrowth of a serious emotional trauma – your body’s brilliant way of helping you resolve the issue – and once you’ve reached a resolution in your psyche (your mind), your brain directs your body to re-establish its original balance, i.e. go in and remove the cell growths it created in defense to the trauma.
Certain breast cancers, for example, can occur after traumatic events related to the potential, or actual loss of a child. Your body responds to the acute emotional crisis by increasing cell proliferation in your milk ducts, because your biological solution to saving your child’s life is to make sure you have plenty of milk to nurse your child back to health, and in so doing resolve the emotional crisis, which is “my child is hurt, or dying.”
Depending on the emotional trauma, different parts of your brain is affected, which in turn determines which part of your body may start proliferating cells (conventional medicine calls this cancer), and it also determines whether your tumor is created during the active stage of your emotional crisis, or if it’s created during the healing phase, in response to lesions or cell necrosis.
This explains how tumors go into remission, and/or disappear completely.
The most tragic part of standard cancer treatment is that when you receive the shocking news that you now have cancer and may die, your body re-enters a state of shock, often leading to additional cancers. Conventional medicine calls this metastasis – that your cancer is spreading. According to German New Medicine, you were healing, but the “death-fright shock” launched another set of tumors. Between the intense fear created by being diagnosed with cancer, and the deadly cancer treatments offered, death is unfortunately more common than healing.
Dr. Hamer has more than 40,000 case studies backing up his new science, and his cancer cure rate is over 95 percent. “Cure” being defined by conventional medicine as still being alive five years after the onset of cancer.
Compare that to conventional chemotherapy, which comes in at a dismal 2.5 percent cure rate, and you may grasp the vital implications of this information.
Consider also the fact that Dr. Hamer, as a reward by his conventional peers for his incredible success rates, has served time in jail for “inciting the public” and refusing to disavow his medical beliefs, and is currently in exile, seeking asylum from persecution.
Does That Mean It’s All in Your Head?
Certainly not. But it does mean that your psyche/mind and body are intricately connected, and that you cannot separate the two without dire consequences.
However, maintaining a strong healthy immune system is a mandatory step in maintaining robust health and creating an environment where your body has everything it needs to heal at its disposal.
I am a firm believer in that you can virtually eliminate your cancer risk, and radically improve your chances of full recovery from cancer if you currently have it, by following the following all-natural strategies to optimize your health and innate regenerative power.
And, by refocusing on the importance that your mental and emotional state has on your physical body, and learning to resolve your emotional conflicts rather than deaden them with toxic mind-numbing antidepressant drugs (see # 11 below), your chances of leading a long, healthy life seems almost inevitable.
True Cancer Prevention – Giving Your Body a Fighting Chance to Heal
These are my 12 risk reduction strategies that can optimize your health and aid in your natural self-healing process.
- Reduce your processed food, sugar and grain carbohydrate intake. Yes, this is even true for whole unprocessed organic grains as they tend to rapidly break down and drive your insulin and leptin levels up, which is the last thing you need to have happening if you are seeking to resolve a cancer.
- Control your fasting insulin and leptin levels: This is the end result, and can be easily monitored with the use of simple and relatively inexpensive blood tests.
- Normalize your ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fats by taking a high-quality krill oil or fish oil and reducing your intake of most processed vegetable oils.
- Get regular exercise. One of the primary reasons exercise works is that it drives your insulin levels down. Controlling insulin levels is one of the most powerful ways to reduce your cancer risks.
- Normalize your vitamin D levels and vitamin A levels by getting plenty of sunlight exposure and consider careful supplementation when this is not possible. If you take oral vitamin D and have a cancer it would be very prudent to monitor your vitamin D blood levels regularly.
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Eat according to your nutritional type. The potent anti-cancer effects of this principle are very much underappreciated. When we treat cancer patients in our clinic this is one of the most powerful anti-cancer strategies we have.
- Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins like pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners and air pollution.
- Limit your exposure and provide protection for yourself from information carrying radio waves produced by cell phone towers, base stations, phones and WiFi stations.
- Avoid frying or charbroiling your food. Boil, poach or steam your foods instead .
- Have a tool to permanently reprogram the neurological short-circuiting that can activate cancer genes. Even the CDC states that 85 percent of disease is caused by emotions. It is likely that this factor may be more important than all the other physical ones listed here, so make sure this is addressed. Energy psychology seems to be one of the best approaches and my particular favorite tool, as you may know, is the Emotional Freedom Technique. German New Medicine is another powerful tool.
- Use broccoli sprouts as an adjunct to everything above unless you simply do not like broccoli.