Is the scientific establishment unfairly punishing scientists who dare to oppose the theory of evolution; who dare discuss the evidence pointing toward intelligent design in the human DNA and the evolution of man?
Are proponents of Intelligent Design being blacklisted, either subtly or overtly? Has open-mindedness been effectively banned?
These are the questions raised by the movie “Expelled”, narrated by Ben Stein.
Take a look at the trailer for the movie at the site linked below.
This is a timely film, if you ask me, considering the fact that freedom of both thought and speech in many areas, such as politics, science, medicine and the general media is being eroded in the United States, keeping pace with the speed of everything else in modern life, it would seem.
And boy, is this a touchy subject!
The controversy around Ben Stein’s upcoming movie EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed, has the blogosphere seething with a mixture of cheerleading chants, frothy ridicule, and what appears to be sheer angst.
In this film, Ben Stein travels the world on a quest to expose the truth -- that it has become a punishable crime to believe there might be evidence of “design” in nature, and that perhaps life is not just the result of accidental, random chance.
On his website, the following mock Welcome Speech by Charles Darwin invites teachers and students everywhere to ignore the truth in the name of science:
And this year, we are proud to report that in every subject but Science, students and faculty are free to challenge ideas, and seek truth wherever it may lead.
But Science is different. In Science, there is no room for dissent, for dissent is dangerous. That is why we at Big Science simply refuse to allow it. Like dancing, “dissent” can lead to other things.
As Class President Richard Dawkins put it so well: “Shut up!”
As you know…last year we had the misfortune of “presupposition of design” rearing its ugly head, with several students challenging Neo-Darwinian materialism, and arguing incessantly for the right to examine Intelligent Design.
They were all Expelled, of course – but still: it just goes to show where academic freedom can lead, if not shut down immediately!
Principal, President, Admissions and Diversity Affairs Officer,
Big Science Academy “No Intelligence Allowed”
Richard Dawkins, ethologist, evolutionary biologist, outspoken atheist and author of such books as The Selfish Gene and The God Delusion, has already jumped into the fray.
He managed to crash a pre-screening of the film, which immediately became the talk of rabid bloggers and conservative media outlets alike. The New York Times even ran a full article headlined, “No Admission for Evolutionary Biologist at Creationist Film.”
My question is merely this: What are you afraid of?
What do you fear might happen if research starts pointing in a new direction, or even multiple directions? What might you lose?
Do you fear the idea that your thoughts are powerful enough to influence your health and your life? What would that mean for you? What would happen to you if you were no longer able to blame anything or anyone else, for anything?
How would your life change if there was proof that intelligent design encoded your DNA, and gave you the free will to turn those genes on and off as you please – through the use of your thoughts and emotions?
Run For Cover – Things May Not Be as They Appear
There’s no doubt the pressure to “just shut up,” is happening all throughout the political, scientific and medical arenas.
Just take a look at these prominent politicians, researchers, scientists, biologists and medical professionals who have paid for their unpopular findings with their reputation and careers:
- Dr. Ryke Geerd Hamer – Incarcerated for refusing to disavow his medical findings that your emotions create disease, despite overwhelming clinical documentation offering verifiable proof that his position is valid.
- Dr. Bruce Lipton – whose revolutionary and wildly unpopular discoveries include the complete renunciation of genetic predisposition as being the cause of disease, because your DNA are regulated – switched on or off -- by your thoughts and emotions.
- Dr. David Graham – FDA Associate Director for Science and Medicine in the Office of Drug Safety, who blew the whistle and revealed how the FDA covered up the real dangers of Vioxx. His reward? Removal from his post as drug reviewer.
- Dr. Eric Topol -- a cardiologist with the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation, who became one of the most outspoken critics of drug companies, was demoted from his position as head of the clinic’s medical college.
- Senator Dr. Ron Paul – the 2nd Republican Presidential Candidate in the 2008 elections, who wants to abolish the IRS, reduce the size and influence of the American government, and bring back the Constitution -- although you wouldn’t know he’s still in the race, pitted against John McCain, based on his non-existent media coverage!
An analysis of the minimal media coverage of Ron Paul was released. It showed that there is "plausible negligence by the media" regarding their coverage of Ron Paul.
I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.
There are things happening; there’s new knowledge; there’s truth out there that you’re not being told. In some cases you’re not even given the opportunity to review it and ponder over it for yourself.
THAT is the path of mass ignorance, which is far more dangerous than that of potentially unraveling the science some folks have dedicated their careers to validate.
If you want to take a peek at what’s behind curtain number two, EXPELLED is being released in theaters on April 18, 2008.
I, for one, will continue to do my part: sharing with you all the latest findings on how to create Total Health by bringing you fascinating, groundbreaking – and at times earth shattering -- insights from renowned experts in the fields of natural health, medicine, science and biology.
Open your mind. It’s fascinating out here.