Today, I’ll show you a very quick, simple recipe for using leftover turkey or chicken. Kids will love this because it’s messy, delicious and good fun. Doesn’t get any better than that, right?
- 3 large, fresh Romaine or butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Approx. 1 cup shredded turkey or chicken breast (dark meat for protein or mixed types)
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large handful organic bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
Note: Use any veggies you like, such as shredded carrots, chopped red onion, spinach, etc.
- On a large lettuce leaf, pile on your favorites, starting with fresh turkey and moving onto the veggies.
- Top with spicy lime-cilantro dressing. (I’ll be preparing this in another video)
- Roll and close up lettuce leaf around contents.
- Let the flavor explosion begin! Enjoy!
Makes 2-3 wraps