You’ve caught me right in the middle of making a really scrummy recipe: Butternut squash soup. If you’ve ever made this before, this recipe takes it to a new level with
a secret ingredient.
- Coconut oil, enough for sautéing
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 *butternut squashes, baked & cooled (see below for baking instructions)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups organic, whole coconut milk (secret ingredient)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized soup pot, sauté onion in coconut oil.
- Add in garlic and stir.
- Put in butternut squash and stir.
- Pour in chicken stock and mix well.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Secret ingredient time! Pour in coconut milk.
- Using immersion blender, whiz up soup until creamy and well blended.
- Season with salt & black pepper to taste and briefly mix to blend flavors.
When you see the orangey-gold color, and catch a whiff of the sublime, divine aroma of this soup, you’ll be in soup heaven.
* Baking your butternut squash is simple and easy. Simply pierce the skin all over with a fork, place it in a glass baking dish with a couple inches of water in it, and bake at about 400º for about 45 min, or until inside is tender. The water will catch any syrupy drippings from the squash. When done, scoop out fleshy inside, and discard skin and seeds. You’re left with lovely, orangey, creamy, sweet squash to enjoy as is or use in your favorite recipes.