Diane Sadovnikov may have been the best mom in the world, at least according to her two daughters. And in addition to caring for them, as director of the Sense Resource Center, Diane facilitated adoptions for more than 300 Ukrainian orphans.
Co-workers said she had a good eye for finding excellent adoptive parents.
This turned out to be an ability she needed to use one final time, for a last adoption -- that of her own two children.
When she was diagnosed with stage 4 cervical cancer, Diana, a single mother with few relatives, started searching for new parents for her children.
You can click on the link below to see a CBS news video about her. According to CBS:
"... after a few months of searching, Diane found the quality she was looking for in a family friend, who said yes."
If you haven't yet done so, I strongly recommend watching the CBS News video at the link above … it tells a very personal story of one woman's courageous fight with cancer, during which she undertook the unthinkable task of arranging adoptive parents for her own two children for after her death.
Sadly, Diane Sadovnikov died in 2009, two years after the video was made, but her story is a poignant reminder of the pain and sorrow that cancer causes to countless families across the globe each and every year.
Even with the latest technology and "advances" in medicine, cancer continues to kill people far before their time. And the current medical paradigm remains essentially clueless about the underlying causes of cancer, along with how to effectively treat them.
As a result, cancer rates are still on the rise and the disease is expected to kill more than 13 million people a year by 2030, almost double the number who died from the disease in 2008.
Why Are So Many People Still Dying From Cancer?
Cancer is, by and large, mostly a man-made disease, the tragic result of humans veering too far off course and avoiding health-sustaining diets and activities, while embracing a highly unnatural sedentary, stress-filled lifestyle with exposure to excess chemicals around every corner.
According to Professor Rosalie David, co-author of a recently published study assessing whether cancer is in fact a "new" disease:
"There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle."
In fact, after analyzing hundreds of fossil records, mummified bodies and disease references in classical literature, researchers found little to no evidence of cancer existing in ancient times.
"Tumors were rare until recent times when pollution and poor diet became issues, the review of mummies, fossils and classical literature found... Despite slivers of tissue from hundreds of Egyptian mummies being rehydrated and placed under the microscope, only one case of cancer has been confirmed.
Dismissing the argument that the ancient Egyptians didn't live long enough to develop cancer, the researchers pointed out that other age-related disease such as hardening of the arteries and brittle bones did occur.
Fossil evidence of cancer is also sparse, with scientific literature providing a few dozen, mostly disputed, examples in animal fossil... Even the study of thousands of Neanderthal bones has provided only one example of a possible cancer."
Meanwhile, environmental and lifestyle factors are increasingly being pinpointed as modern-day cancer-causing culprits, such as:
- Pesticide- and other chemical exposures
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Processed and artificial foods (plus the chemicals in the packaging)
- Wireless technologies, dirty electricity, and medical diagnostic radiation exposure
- Obesity, stress, and poor sleeping habits
- Lack of sunshine exposure and use of sunscreens
- Emotional distresses
Yet, even as studies are emerging showing the powerful potential of food and lifestyle to both prevent and treat cancer, the medical field has been slow to act on getting this potentially life-saving information out to the public.
U.S. Medical System is Missing the Boat on Cancer Treatment … and Prevention
Did you know you can decrease your risk of cancer by MORE THAN HALF simply by optimizing your vitamin D levels with sun exposure? Or that you may even be able to significantly boost your chances of survival if you already have cancer by maintaining vitamin D levels of around 80-90 ng/ml?
And were you aware that normalizing your insulin levels is yet another powerful action you can take to lower your risk of cancer, yet many people now have insulin levels that are too high, courtesy of our modern day's sugar-laden diet and lack of exercise causing major damage to your body?
These are two simple, straightforward strategies that offer excellent cancer protection, but they are rarely discussed by conventional medicine physicians!
I am firmly convinced that you don't have to die from cancer if you follow a healthy lifestyle, and if you follow the appropriate strategies, starting at an early enough age, your body will be able to limit the progression of any malignant cells.
This is precisely why there are so many documented cases of cancer spontaneous remissions. Please remember, that it is exponentially easier to prevent cancers than it is to treat them, so it is truly a tragedy that these simple preventive strategies are not more widely shared and followed. However, modern medicine's answer to cancer treatment is also fatally flawed.
Are Drugs and Surgery the Best Solution for Cancer?
If you are facing cancer, I strongly encourage you to seek the help of a knowledgeable natural health care practitioner experienced in cancer care who can help you use nutrition, emotional healing, and other alternative treatments to help you get well.
Unfortunately, most people will visit a conventional physician who will only offer drugs, surgery and radiation to treat cancer. There may be times when these treatments are appropriate, but they should never be viewed as your sole line of attack. You've got to address the other factors – your food, your lifestyle, your stress – if you want to get at cancer's foundational cause.
Further, side effects from cancer drugs can be deadly. The biggest drawback to chemotherapy, for instance, is the fact that it destroys healthy cells throughout your body right along with cancer cells. It does not work with your body to modulate and normalize its response to allow the cancer to resolve normally.
Natural approaches simply do not have the types of fatal side effects common with cancer drugs because they work by optimizing your body's own natural healing capacities.
The Best Way to Avoid Getting Cancer
The odds are very high that you or someone you know has cancer or has died from it, but I truly believe that we can change this widespread prevalence in the future by getting the word out about the underlying causes, and top preventive strategies, of this devastating disease.
The fact is, there is a lot that you can do right now to significantly impact your cancer risk.
Even the conservative American Cancer Society states that one-third of cancer deaths are linked to poor diet, physical inactivity, and carrying excess weight. So making healthy lifestyle changes is one of the most important ways to protect yourself from cancer.
I've detailed my top cancer prevention strategies many times before, but given that cancer is the top killer of Americans aged 45 to 74, it bears repeating. Please become familiar with this list. Share it with your family and friends and, above all else, start to integrate these choices into your daily life.
Cancer is devastating far too many families and taking many way before their time. It's time to fight back and take control of your health by following the lifestyle changes below.
- Optimize your vitamin D levels. It is estimated that if people around the world optimized their vitamin D levels, cancer deaths could be slashed by 30 percent -- which amounts to 2 million worldwide and 200,000 in the United States -- each year.
To find out the appropriate levels of vitamin D for cancer prevention and treatment, please watch my free one-hour vitamin D lecture.
- Control your insulin levels by limiting your intake of processed foods, fructose, grains and other sugars as much as possible.
- Get appropriate amounts of animal-based omega-3 fats, especially those from krill oil.
- Exercise. One of the primary reasons exercise works is that it drives your insulin levels down, and controlling insulin levels is one of the most powerful ways to reduce your cancer risks. Be sure you're familiar with Peak 8 exercises, as well, as they're incredibly effective.
Exercise is also an important part of cancer treatment, as Harvard Medical School researchers found patients who exercise moderately -- 3-5 hours a week -- reduce their odds of dying from breast cancer by about half as compared to sedentary women.
- Have effective strategies to address stress by having a tool to permanently erase the neurological short-circuiting that can activate cancer genes. Even the CDC states that 85 percent of disease is caused by emotions. It is likely that this factor may be more important than all the other physical ones listed here, so make sure this is addressed. My particular favorite tool for this purpose, as you may know, is the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).
- Eat according to your nutritional type; this has potent anti-cancer effects. When we treat cancer patients in our clinic, this is in fact one of the most powerful anti-cancer strategies we have. You can now find out your nutritional type for free.
- Eat more fresh vegetables. Only about 24 percent of people eat enough vegetables, so by all means eat as many vegetables as you are comfortable with. Ideally, they should be fresh and organic. You can also consider vegetable juicing.
Keep in mind that if you are a carb nutritional type you may need up to 300 percent more vegetables than a protein nutritional type.
- Maintain an ideal body weight.
- Get enough high-quality sleep.
- Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins like pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners and air pollution.
- Boil, poach or steam your foods, rather than frying or charbroiling them. Better yet eat as many of your foods raw as you can.