by Barbara Loe Fisher
My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing:
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From every mountain side,
Let freedom ring.1
What is liberty?
Webster's Dictionary defines Liberty as "the quality or state of being free," which means:2
- "Freedom from physical restraint;"
- "Freedom from arbitrary or despotic control;"
- "The positive enjoyment of various social, political or economic rights and privileges;" and
- "The power of choice."
What is tyranny?
Tyranny is defined as "oppressive power" and "especially, oppressive power exerted by government;"3
- "The office, authority and administration of a tyrant;"
- "A rigorous condition imposed by some outside agency or force;" or
- "An oppressive, harsh or unjust act."
The courageous men and women, who founded the United States of America and declared independence from tyranny on July 4, 1776, were escaping from the oppression of iron-fisted monarchies. They risked their lives to establish a nation that celebrates liberty, where citizens would be free from persecution for their religious beliefs and would not be under the thumb of an elitist aristocracy.
Moral Rights are Individual Liberties that Should Never Be Removed
In the first sentence of the U.S. Constitution, the founders of our nation pledged "to establish justice" and "to secure the Blessings of Liberty" for all citizens.4 If democracy is government by the people through elected representatives and majority rule, liberty is defined in the Declaration of Independence5 and the U.S. Constitution as a natural right belonging to everyone that should never be taken away by the majority.
Natural rights, which are known today as human or moral rights, are individual liberties that belong to all humans no matter where they live.6 The right to privacy and free expression in speech and press were defined in the Bill of Rights7 as individual liberties, which limit the power of government and prevent abuse of individuals and minorities.
Today, there is no greater threat to liberty in America than the government enforced use of pharmaceutical products, such as vaccines, sold by corporations for profit that can both harm individuals8, 9and can fail to work at all.10, 11
Our natural right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is being violated when government health officials enlist doctors and politicians to track down and coerce us into injecting ourselves and our children with biological products that carry significant health risks for some without our voluntary, informed consent. 12, 13 When Americans are threatened with loss of economic and societal privileges, such as being denied a public education, denied medical care, denied health insurance and denied the right to hold a job if we don't get every dose of every government mandated vaccine, there is no other word for this but tyranny.14, 15
The "community immunity" club being used today to take away civil liberties in the name of the greater good, conveniently fails to make a distinction between diseases. Hepatitis B is not polio and chickenpox is not smallpox but vaccine laws requiring mass use of dozens of doses of new vaccines treat all infectious diseases and vaccines the same way.
Current Vaccine Laws are an Uncontrolled Experiment
The large gaps in scientific knowledge about the damage that repeated vaccination from day of birth throughout life could be doing to our brains and immune systems has turned current vaccine laws into a forced, uncontrolled scientific experiment on the American population.16, 17, 18 The fact that some of us are at greater risk for having our health crippled or losing our lives to vaccines because of genetic and biological risk factors we inherited makes one-size-fits-all vaccine laws "cruel and inhuman in the last degree."19
The fact that government operated electronic vaccine tracking systems are collecting medical data on us and sharing it with industry and vaccine developers without our informed consent, is a violation of our privacy.20 The fact that scores of new genetically engineered vaccines are being brought to market21, 22, 23, 24 by a wealthy pharmaceutical industry25 shielded from civil liability26 is a corporate stockholder's dream and a health care consumer's worst nightmare.
The founders of our country could not have imagined this day would come in America when violation of the most important liberty, the right to self determination and the freedom to choose what we are willing to risk our lives or our children's lives for, would be taken away from us.
For if the State can tag, track down and force individuals to be injected with biologicals of known and unknown toxicity today, there will be no limit on which individual freedoms the State can take away in the name of the greater good tomorrow.
Force Attracts Low Morality
Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence said,
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."27
Albert Einstein, one of the world's greatest scientists, echoed Jefferson's defense of individual liberty, urging us to "Never do anything against conscience, even if the state demands it."28 A philosopher and humanitarian, Einstein insightfully observed that "Force always attracts men of low morality."29
On this July 4th, I am celebrating the spirit, courage and common sense of the authors of the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution. They knew that individual liberties were the heart and soul of a democracy because individual liberties protect the people from governmental abuse of power.
Are you ready to stand up for the right to follow your conscience and choose the kind of preventive health options you want for yourself and your children, including the freedom to choose to use every government recommended vaccine, some vaccines, or no vaccines at all?
Sign up for NVIC's free Advocacy Portal at www.NVICAdvocacy.org and learn how you can protect health liberty in your state. Become a donor supporter of NVIC and protect the human rights of all Americans. 30
- 1 My Country, Tis' of Thee. Song sheet. (Author: Samuel Francis Smith, July 1831). Duke University Library Collection.
- 2 Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Definition of Liberty.
- 3 Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Definition of Tyranny.
- 4 United States Constitution. September 17, 1787. U.S. National Archives.
- 5 The Declaration of Independence. July 4, 1776. U.S. National Archives.
- 6 Fagan A. Human Rights. Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy. July 5, 2005.
- 7 The Bill of Rights. March 4, 1789. Ratified as Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, December 15, 1791. U.S. National Archives.
- 8 Coulter HL, Fisher BL. DPT: A Shot in the Dark. 1985: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- 9 Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Statistics Report.
- 10 Crowe K. CDC to Announce Preliminary Findings on California Whooping Cough Epidemic. Watchdog Institute. March 27, 2011.
- 11 WABC-TV (NY). Whooping Cough Outbreak on Long Island. June 22, 2011.
- 12 Fisher BL. Washington & New Jersey Families Stand Up for Vaccine Choices. NVIC. March 23, 2011.
- 13 NVIC. Cry for Vaccine Freedom Wall. Public reports of harassment by medical personnel for attempting to make informed, voluntary decisions about vaccination.
- 14 CNN. Vaccinations… or Jail: County's Threat to Parents. November 15, 2007.
- 15 Fisher BL. Forcing Flu Shots on Health Care Workers: Who Is Next? NVIC. September 29, 2010.
- 16 Fisher BL. Vaccines, Autism & Chronic Inflammation: The New Epidemic. Autism File. 2009.
- 17 Fisher BL, Wrangham TK. NVIC Comments on Draft Recommendations on the Federal Vaccine Safety System. National Vaccine Advisory Committee. June 6, 2011.
- 18 Fisher BL. In Memoriam: Infant Deaths & Vaccination. NVIC. May 24, 2011.
- 19 Jacobsen v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11(1905). LSU Law Center. See # .
- 20 Fisher BL. The National Electronic Vaccine Tracking Registry: How the Plan to Force Vaccination Gave Birth to the National ID, A Government Health Records Database, and the End of Medical Privacy. July 1999.
- 21 Kinman TG. Risks connected with the use of conventional and genetically engineered vaccines. Vet Q. 1992; 14(3): 110-8.
- 22 Frey J. Biological safety concepts of genetically modified live bacterial vaccines. Vaccine 2007 Jul 26; 25(30): 5598-605.
- 23 Science Daily. New Nanoparticle Vaccine Is Both More Effective and Less Expensive. September 20, 2007.
- 24 U.S. National Institutes of Health. Vaccine Clinical Trials.
- 25 Healthcare Finance. Global Vaccine Market Now Exceeds $20B. August 13, 2010.
- 26 NVIC. Press Release: NVIC Cites "Betrayal of Consumers by U.S. Supreme Court Decision Giving Total Liability Shield to Big Pharma. February 23, 2011.
- 27 American History Central, Encyclopedia of American History. Thomas Jefferson
- 28 Brainy Quote. Albert Einstein.
- 29 Brainy Quote. Albert Einstein.
- 30 Support NVIC: Stand Up and Be Counted. Click here to make a donation.