An organized mind can enable you to fully engage in a health-giving lifestyle. And the reverse is also true -- the symptoms of a disorganized mind, such as impulsivity, chronic negativity, high stress and multitasking, all correlate with higher weight.
Writing for CNN, Dr. Paul Hammerness and Margaret Moore, co-authors of "Organize Your Mind, Organize Your Life," list six ways to attain a calm, wise, positive, strategic perspective.
- Tame your frenzy: Before you can focus your attention, you need to take charge of your worry, anger, sadness, and irritation.
- Sustain your focus: Once your mind is calm, identify one task and one task only.
- Apply the brakes: Your focused brain also needs to be able to stop when necessary.
- Access your working memory: Accessing your short-term memory helps you problem-solve and generate new ideas and insights.
- Shift sets: When you focus on a new task, move all of your attention to it and give it your undivided attention.
- Connect the dots: Put all of these rules together to change not only your habits of attention, but the way you look at your life.
To read more, you can click on the link below.