1 Which popular mushroom contains the highest amounts of the two master antioxidants ergothioneine and glutathione?
Mushrooms are some of the most powerful natural medicines on the planet, offering potent anti-aging benefits. Learn more.
- White button
2 Which of the following scenarios has been scientifically verified to contribute to the resurgence of whooping cough?
- Uptake of whooping cough vaccine has declined, thereby allowing the disease to spread among unvaccinated populations
- The pertussis vaccine does not protect against infection or transmission, so vaccinated individuals are becoming asymptomatic carriers, spreading the disease
Evidence shows vaccinated people are becoming asymptomatic carriers spreading the disease. The pertussis bacteria have also mutated and no longer match the vaccine. Learn more.
- The vaccine maker may have falsified data, making the whooping cough vaccine appear more effective than it actually is
- Excessive use of medical and personal belief exemptions to vaccination is driving the resurgence of whooping cough
3 Which of the following is likely to be the most powerful intervention for heart disease?
Good heart health starts with your diet — what you eat and when you eat. Learn more.
- Getting enough sleep
- Taking CoQ10
4 When it comes to prevention and treatment of depression, which of the following is not a foundational aspect of an "anti-depressant" lifestyle?
- Eating real, unprocessed foods
- Taking a multivitamin supplement
Research confirms your diet can have a pronounced effect on your mental health. Learn more.
- Intermittent fasting and/or longer fasts
- Avoiding processed foods
5 Treatment guidelines for acute, subacute and chronic back pain have recently been updated. Which of the following treatment recommendations is no longer recommended as a first line of treatment for back pain?
- Opioid pain killers
Exercising may lower your odds of developing back pain by one-third, and reduce the severity of your back pain if you do experience it. Learn more.
- Psychotherapeutic approaches
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
6 Nutritional ketosis is a powerful metabolic therapy shown to be very helpful in the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease and cancer. The key to nutritional ketosis can be summarized as:
- Dramatically reducing your net carbohydrates (total carbs minus fiber)
- Dramatically reducing net carbohydrates and protein while significantly increasing the amount of healthy fats in your diet
To enter nutritional ketosis, you need to dramatically reduce net carbs and significantly increase the amount of healthy fats in your diet. Doing so will allow your body to burn fat for fuel, which has powerful metabolic effects that help optimize your health. Learn more.
- Dramatically reducing fats and increasing total carbohydrates
- Dramatically reducing the amount of protein in your diet
7 As a general rule, what amount of salt should the average person consume each day?
- 10 grams
- 100 grams
- Salt food to taste as there is little danger of overdosing on salt
Few people need to monitor their salt intake, as getting too little is far easier and may be far more harmful than getting too much. Learn more.
- Half a teaspoon in 2 ounces of water with lemon juice