1 People who consumed the highest levels of this fat were 23 to 30 percent less likely to have gum disease.
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- Macadamia nut oil
- Animal based omega-3 fats
Omega-3 fats may help ward off gum disease. Coconut oil is another natural antibacterial alternative that can significantly improve your oral health. Learn more.
2 What is the primary but hidden objective behind mandatory influenza vaccinations for health care workers?
- Preventing spread of influenza between workers and patients
- Reducing sick days in the work force during flu season
- Avoiding financial penalties for failure to meet a 90 percent vaccination rate
While public health officials insist mandatory influenza vaccination policies for all health care workers protect patients from getting sick with influenza, a far greater incentive for firing workers refusing annual flu shots is the financial penalties hospitals face from the federal government if their vaccination rates are too low. Learn more.
- Reducing mortality rates among health care workers
3 Historical records reveal the sugar industry buried a 1968 study linking sugar to the following health problems:
- Heart disease and bladder cancer
Documents show the sugar industry buried evidence from the 1960s that linked sugar consumption to heart disease and bladder cancer. Learn more.
- Dental cavities and obesity
- Obesity and diabetes
- Diabetes and heart disease
4 Which type of exercise has been found to lower dementia risk by 29 percent over the course of 10 years?
- Cognitive training focused on memory
- Cognitive training focused on reasoning
- Cognitive training focused processing speed
The first-ever randomized controlled trial to demonstrate an intervention effective at reducing dementia risk found a brain exercise program targeting processing speed lowered the risk of dementia. Learn more.
- High intensity exercise
5 Which type of chicory salad green, found within the daisy family, is known for its narrow, curly-edged leaves and slightly bitter taste?
Endives contain kaempferol, a flavonoid that naturally inhibits ovarian cancer cells. Learn more.
6 Which of the following conditions are antidepressants NOT used to treat?
- Heart problems
Paxil, the world's second most prescribed antidepressant, is linked to serious psychiatric effects including suicidal and homicidal behavior. Learn more.
7 Which of the following strategies is likely the most important for reducing your chances of having an autistic child?
- Eliminate exposure to extremely low frequency electric and magnetic fields during sleep by shutting down the electricity to your bedroom or any adjacent rooms
Klinghardt found the average exposure of an autistic child to low frequency EMFs was 20-fold higher than that of the non-autistic children. He believes women need to take drastic steps to lower their EMF exposure during pregnancy to reduce the risk of having an autistic child. Learn more.
- Eating a ketogenic diet and avoiding chemical exposures
- Exercising and eating a gluten-free diet
- Doing an extensive heavy metal detox before conception