1 The legal status of CBD oil as a nutritional supplement is threatened by:
- Doctors who claim medical marijuana is dangerous
- Drug companies seeking FDA approval for CBD-containing drugs
The legal status of CBD oil as a nutritional supplement is now threatened by drug companies seeking FDA approval for CBD-containing drugs. Learn more.
- CBD manufacturers making illegal health claims
- Research showing CBD may be addictive
2 For health, which type of cotton fabric is likely most important to be certified organic?
- Items worn closest to the body, like underwear and T-shirts
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certification is the platinum standard for organic apparel, tracking the cotton from farm to final packaging through every step of the supply chain. A simple first step toward health is to make sure your undergarments are GOTS certified and free of toxic dyes. Learn more.
- Items with the greatest bulk, like sweaters and jackets
- Items dyed with chemical dyes
- Bedding, such as linens and comforters
3 Which organization was found guilty of money laundering in the fight against GMO labeling across the U.S.?
- Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA)
The Grocery Manufacturers Association, which was found guilty of money laundering and has fought hard against GMO labeling across the U.S., has lost some of its most prominent members, including Nestlé and Campbells. Learn more.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
4 Which of the following type of food was recently included in organic certification?
- Factory farmed eggs
- Beef raised in concentrated animal feeding operations
- Milk from non-pastured cows
- Hydroponically (soilless) grown produce
Hydroponic vegetables grown under artificial lighting in coconut waste or ground up plastic can now gain organic certification. Learn more.
5 Which of the following lifestyle strategies has been found to boost memory by improving the function and size of your hippocampus, thereby lowering your risk of dementia?
- Eating a vegetarian or vegan diet
- Exercise, including high-intensity and aerobic training
High-intensity workouts and aerobic exercise boost memory by improving hippocampal function and increasing left hippocampal volume — findings that suggests exercise is an important prevention strategy against dementia. Learn more.
- Grounding, or walking barefoot on the earth
- Eating an all-organic diet
6 1 in 6 American children has a developmental disability and 54 percent have a chronic illness. Which of these potential culprits appear to be strongly linked to these statistics?
- Poor prenatal nutrition
- Increased number of vaccines given to children
One in 6 American children has a developmental disability and 54 percent are chronically ill. Many of the same health problems are also listed or known side effects of vaccine. Learn more.
- Increased use of in vitro fertilization due to infertility
- Exposure to blue light after sunset
7 Patients with autoimmune conditions will typically experience significant improvement on the following kind of diet:
- Low-fat diet
- Low-carb diet
- Vegan diet
- Lectin-free diet
In a recent paper, Dr. Steven Gundry showed that 90 of 102 patients had complete remission of all biomarkers for autoimmune disease by removing lectins. Learn more.