1 Glutathione is an important antioxidant that helps reduce free radical damage and plays a role in the detoxification of heavy metals and other harmful substances. What supplement helps your body produce glutathione?
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC)
N-acetylcysteine (NAC) boosts production of glutathione, an important antioxidant that helps reduce free radical damage and plays a role in the detoxification of heavy metals and other harmful substances. Learn more.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
2 What popular fast food franchise has launched a pilot program to assess the ability of its cattle ranchers to sequester carbon in soil by implementing regenerative grazing practices?
- Burger King
McDonald's pilot program involves 150 operators in its Canadian beef supply chain. Should the program turn out to be a success, it could significantly alter the way that all of its ranchers raise cattle in the future. Learn more.
3 Which nutrient has been found to lower preterm birth rates by nearly 60 percent when sufficiency is achieved?
- Omega-3 fats
- Vitamin D
Research suggests up to 59 percent of preterm births could be prevented simply by raising pregnant women's vitamin D to a level of 40 ng/mL. Learn more.
- Vitamin K2
4 Which of the following strategies is not an effective way of handling grief during the holidays?
- Listen to your body and emotions
- Seek out activities and people that make you happy
- Avoid talking about your feelings
Some tips to help you navigate the holidays while grieving include: Be gentle with yourself, listen to your body and your emotions, seek out activities and people that make you happy, learn to say no, and talk about how you're feeling. Learn more.
- Be gentle with yourself
5 While artichokes are an excellent source of nutrition for most people, they are not beneficial for everyone. You should pass on artichokes if you:
- Are allergic or sensitive to other plants in the thistle family, such as daisies, daisies, chrysanthemums, marigolds or ragweed
Artichokes have been shown to prevent cancer, regulate blood pressure, promote healthy bowel movements and support your heart, gallbladder and liver health. Learn more.
- Have heart disease
- Have frequent diarrhea or constipation
- Have high blood pressure
6 Approximately what percent of the world's cultures use psychedelics for healing and spiritual maturation and understanding?
- Less than 5 percent
- 25 percent
- 50 percent
- 90 percent
Ninety percent of the world's cultures use psychedelics for healing and spiritual maturation and understanding. Learn more.
7 Recent research shows that angioplasty, the surgical placement of a stent to unblock a blocked artery:
- Does not improve angina (chest pain), mortality, nonfatal heart attacks or hospitalization rates for acute coronary syndrome
Recent research shows stents do not improve angina, thereby negating the sole remaining medical indication for angioplasty. Learn more.
- Improves angina (chest pain) but not mortality, nonfatal heart attacks or hospitalization rates for acute coronary syndrome
- Improves mortality, nonfatal heart attacks and hospitalization rates for acute coronary syndrome, but not angina
- Improves angina, mortality, nonfatal heart attacks and hospitalization rates for acute coronary syndrome