1 Which of the following nutrients has been scientifically demonstrated to improve symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome?
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
Recent research shows about 75 percent of people with IBS have insufficient levels of vitamin D, and about 70 percent report improvement when taking vitamin D supplements. Learn more.
- Animal-based omega-3, DHA, EPA
- Polyphenols like berberine
2 Which of the following is the third leading cause of death in the U.S., after heart disease and cancer?
- Medical errors
Research published in 2016 concluded that medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., killing an estimated 250,000 Americans each year. Learn more.
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Automobile accidents
- Drug overdoses
3 According to U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, what is now the leading cause of death among Americans under the age of 50?
- Heart Disease
- Drug Overdoses
According to U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, drug overdoses are now the leading cause of death among Americans under the age of 50. Learn more.
4 A recent double-blind, placebo-controlled study showed this supplement can catalyze significant improvement in memory and concentration in the elderly, and also increase BDNF (brain derived neurotropic factor).
- Ginkgo biloba
- Coenzyme Q 10
- Vitamin E
Curcumin, a bioactive ingredient in the spice turmeric, has over 160 potentially therapeutic activities, including anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective and anti-cancer benefits. Learn more.
5 Mounting research reveals the following diet is one of the most effective for augmenting athletic performance:
- Ketogenic diet (low-carb, high-fat)
A ketogenic diet involves decreasing net carb intake and increasing the amount of healthy fats in your diet. Learn more.
- Vegan diet
- The blood type diet
6 If someone is lying to you, you should be able to spot a deceptive behavior within:
- 10 minutes of being questioned
- 30 minutes of being questioned
- Five seconds of being questioned
In some cases, the first deceptive behavior may occur before you've even finished asking the question. Learn more.
- Five minutes of being questioned
7 Why is it so dangerous to routinely feed chickens and other food animals subtherapeutic doses of antibiotics?
- It leaves antibiotic residues in the meat
- It can cross-react with other veterinary drugs, killing the animal
- It promotes the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the animal, which can spread drug-resistant disease to humans
When animals are given antibiotics, it can cause gut bacteria to become antibiotic-resistant. Contaminated meat can then become a source of drug-resistant infections in humans. Learn more.
- It can trigger disease in the animal as it does not kill all bacteria