If you still believe the myth that fluoride is good for your children’s (and your) teeth, think again. There are a vast number of scientific research studies confirming the opposite – that fluoride is a toxin that is extremely detrimental to your body, your brain, and even to your teeth.
One of the most active research areas today is fluoride’s ability to damage your brain. Recent human studies from China have confirmed the results of previous animal studies; that elevated fluoride exposure leads to reduced I.Q. in children.
Cognitive ability is further reduced if your child is deficient in iodine.
Prior to this, more than 30 animal studies produced since 1992 have reported impairment in learning and memory processes among animals treated with fluoride.
Even at levels as low as 1ppm (part per million), studies have demonstrated direct toxic effects on brain tissue, including:
- reduction in lipid content
- impaired anti-oxidant defense systems
- damage to your hippocampus
- damage to your purkinje cells
- increased uptake of aluminum
- formation of beta-amyloid plaques (the classic brain abnormality in Alzheimer's disease)
- accumulation of fluoride in your pineal gland.