How to be Happier With What You Have
February 14, 2008
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
Benjamin Franklin wisely said, “There are two ways to increase your wealth. Increase your means or decrease your wants. The best is to do both at the same time.”
In other words, if you are striving to be more successful, more joyous or more anything, it doesn’t mean you have to feel dissatisfied with your life right now.
In fact, you can be ambitious and content at the same time, and this Lifehack article has some great suggestions to do so, such as:
1. Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket: Keep your interests diversified so one slip up won’t throw you off track.
2. Engineer your day: Experiment with changes in how you spend your time that can make your day more interesting, fun or fulfilling.
3. Break comparisons: Try not to compare yourself to others. Base your satisfaction on your life only.
The more you focus your mind on the joyful things in your life right now, the more frequently you will experience joy. Of course, the opposite also holds true, so if you focus on what you don’t have, then you will continually feel like your life is lacking something.
Your happiness is not tied to any material possession or external achievement, yet many people mistakenly intertwine their ability to be happy with such things. You may feel you can’t be happy until you buy a bigger house, get your Ph. D, become a size zero, or become extremely wealthy, but this is quite far from the truth. These things will not make you happy. Only YOU can make you happy.
Quite simply, you have the power to decide to be happy, right now, exactly as your life is at this moment.
If you need more inspiration to feel good about what you have right now, these 30 Simple Secrets to Happiness will help you see that your life can easily be filled with joy.
Effortless Healing – One Step at a Time – NOW AVAILABLE!
My newest book, Effortless Healing is now available! I've organized this book into a guide that will help you avoid the many pitfalls of the conventional approach to health. Rather than relying on expensive and potentially dangerous drugs, I will help you effortlessly make small shifts in what you eat and how you live to achieve your health goals. I promise, Effortless Healing isn't a book that will overwhelm you. On top of that, ordering the book today entitles you to 3 exclusive bonuses:
A sneak peek of my new book! You won’t need to wait for the book to arrive to get started. Begin reading my new book right away with your free sneak preview!
My most popular video interviews, all in one place. I’ve compiled 18 of my BEST expert interviews for you to watch and listen to at your leisure, and in the comfort of your own home or office.
Receive 15% off your next Mercola.com order. Depending on your order, your savings from this one bonus alone could more than cover the cost of your book!
All My Profits from This Book Will Be Donated
That's right. When you order a copy of my new book Effortless Healing, you'll be making a much-deserved donation to the key organizations that work quietly and efficiently behind the scenes to make the world a healthier place for you, your family, and your community.
Among them, you'll be benefiting and supporting the actions of:
- National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) – A non-profit organization that seeks to prevent vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and defending your right of informed choice.
- Organic Consumers Association (OCA) – A grassroots public interest organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability, and addressing food safety, GMOs, the industrial agricultural complex, children's health, and more. The ONLY U.S. organization focused exclusively on the interests that you and I share!
- Consumers for Dental Choice – Children, the unborn, and employees in the dental field are particularly vulnerable to mercury. But so is everyone with a mouthful of amalgam fillings (which are 50% mercury) at risk. Consumers for Dental Choice is working to phase out amalgam use and to promote access to mercury-free alternatives.
- Fluoride Action Network (FAN) – An international coalition aimed at ending water fluoridation and alerting you to fluoride's environmental and health risks. FAN keeps you informed about fluoride toxicity, and monitors government actions that may expose you to fluoride.
Are you ready to get started? The timing has never been better. Order your copy of Effortless Healing today, collect your free gifts, and let your journey begin!