Make Your Very Own Scrumptious Morning Probiotic Drink
March 27, 2008
I‘m sure you‘ve seen those little, plastic bottles of probiotics in groceries stores, many of which are pasteurized and sugar laden. Today, I‘ll show you how to make your very own probiotic drink, made from fresh, homemade, raw, organic kefir.
This tasty drink is a strawberry-flavored, probiotic drink, and it‘s probably best for carb or mixed types. If you‘re a protein type, you may try making this with half a teaspoon, or a few drops, of vanilla essence (the good stuff of course) and perhaps a tiny bit of honey or stevia.
This drink is so quick and simple to make that you could make it every morning, even if you‘re pressed for time, and it can be made in any quantity you like.
- ½ cup fresh, homemade, raw, organic kefir
- 2 large, frozen, organic strawberries
- ½ teaspoon Pure Gold Raw Honey, or to taste
- Pour kefir into your blending device of choice (I use the Magic Bullet, which works great, but you can use an immersion blender or a regular blender as well)
- Add in strawberries.
- Drop in honey.
- Blend, pour into a glass and serve.
The heavenly aroma of the blended strawberries will wake up your senses and get you going in the morning. What an incredibly yummy way for you and your family to get your daily probiotics!