Ultimate Guide to Combating Coronavirus Ultimate Guide to Combating Coronavirus

ADVERTISEMENT

What Dangers Are Lurking in Your Household Dust?

Household Dust

Story at-a-glance -

  • Dust in the average US home contained more than 5,000 species of bacteria and 2,000 species of fungi
  • Compounds commonly found in indoor dust can bind to and activate PPAR-gamma, which is involved in regulating fat metabolism, cell proliferation, and cell death
  • Flame-retardant chemicals, phthalates, and other chemicals common in household dust may cause health problems in children even at very low exposure levels

By Dr. Mercola

Americans spend 87 percent of their time in enclosed buildings and 6 percent of their time in enclosed vehicles. That’s a total of 93 percent of your life spent inside, breathing indoor air.


Read the Full Article for Free!
Subscribe to the #1 Natural Health Newsletter
  • Unlock censored health information that Google doesn't want you to read
  • Keep your privacy secure — We are no longer active on Facebook and are blocking our content from Google search to ensure your privacy stays protected
  • Get access to all of Dr. Mercola's health articles, E-books and special reports

Existing Subscribers: Enter your email address for instant access