FDA Announces 20 Dangerous Drugs You Should NOT Be On
September 27, 2008
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
A 2007 federal law requires the FDA to disclose all its investigations into reports of possibly drug-related adverse events. The first of this series of quarterly reports has been released. It includes adverse events reported between January 1 and March 31, 2008.
Here's the list of drugs and the adverse events that have been reported:
- Arginine Hydrochloride Injection (R-Gene 10) -- Pediatric overdose due to labeling and packaging confusion
- Desflurane (Suprane) -- Cardiac arrest
- Duloxetine (Cymbalta) -- Urinary retention
- Etravirine (Intelence) -- Hemarthrosis (blood in a joint)
- Fluorouracil Cream (Carac) and Ketoconazole Cream (Kuric) -- Adverse events due to name confusion
- Heparin -- Anaphylactic-type (life-threatening allergic) reactions
- Icodextrin (Extraneal) -- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Insulin U-500 (Humulin R) -- Dosing confusion
- Ivermectin (Stromectol) and Warfarin -- Drug interaction
- Lapatinib (Tykerb) -- Hepatotoxicity (liver toxicity)
- Lenalidomide (Revlimid) -- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (a deadly drug reaction)
- Natalizumab (Tysabri) -- Skin melanomas (deadly skin cancer)
- Nitroglycerin (Nitrostat) -- Overdose due to labeling confusion
- Octreotide Acetate Depot (Sandostatin LAR) -- Ileus (bowels not moving)
- Oxycodone Hydrochloride Controlled-Release (OxyContin) -- Drug misuse, abuse, and overdose
- Perflutren Lipid Microsphere (Definity) -- Cardiopulmonary reactions (lung/heart problems)
- Phenytoin Injection (Dilantin) -- Purple glove syndrome (discoloration, pain, and swelling of the hand that may lead to amputation)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel) -- Overdose due to sample pack labeling confusion
- Tebivudine (Tyzeka) -- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling or numbness in the extremities)
- Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Blockers -- Cancers in children and young adults
Effortless Healing – One Step at a Time – NOW AVAILABLE!
My newest book, Effortless Healing is now available! I've organized this book into a guide that will help you avoid the many pitfalls of the conventional approach to health. Rather than relying on expensive and potentially dangerous drugs, I will help you effortlessly make small shifts in what you eat and how you live to achieve your health goals. I promise, Effortless Healing isn't a book that will overwhelm you. On top of that, ordering the book today entitles you to 3 exclusive bonuses:
A sneak peek of my new book! You won’t need to wait for the book to arrive to get started. Begin reading my new book right away with your free sneak preview!
My most popular video interviews, all in one place. I’ve compiled 18 of my BEST expert interviews for you to watch and listen to at your leisure, and in the comfort of your own home or office.
Receive 15% off your next Mercola.com order. Depending on your order, your savings from this one bonus alone could more than cover the cost of your book!
All My Profits from This Book Will Be Donated
That's right. When you order a copy of my new book Effortless Healing, you'll be making a much-deserved donation to the key organizations that work quietly and efficiently behind the scenes to make the world a healthier place for you, your family, and your community.
Among them, you'll be benefiting and supporting the actions of:
- National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) – A non-profit organization that seeks to prevent vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and defending your right of informed choice.
- Organic Consumers Association (OCA) – A grassroots public interest organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability, and addressing food safety, GMOs, the industrial agricultural complex, children's health, and more. The ONLY U.S. organization focused exclusively on the interests that you and I share!
- Consumers for Dental Choice – Children, the unborn, and employees in the dental field are particularly vulnerable to mercury. But so is everyone with a mouthful of amalgam fillings (which are 50% mercury) at risk. Consumers for Dental Choice is working to phase out amalgam use and to promote access to mercury-free alternatives.
- Fluoride Action Network (FAN) – An international coalition aimed at ending water fluoridation and alerting you to fluoride's environmental and health risks. FAN keeps you informed about fluoride toxicity, and monitors government actions that may expose you to fluoride.
Are you ready to get started? The timing has never been better. Order your copy of Effortless Healing today, collect your free gifts, and let your journey begin!