Whip Up this Full Family Dinner in Well Under an Hour!
January 10, 2009
Today, I’ll be showing you a quick & easy family recipe that’s a great one for mixed nutritional types. In under an hour, you’ll have a delicious sirloin tip roast with veggies, using Dr. Mercola’s Turbo Oven.
If you haven’t seen it before, the Turbo Oven is a convection oven, a great appliance. You basically just place your food in the bottom of it, turn it on, and it pulls air in through the top, heating and blowing the air around the food. So, it cooks your food much more quickly than a conventional oven would, while doing a great job of retaining nutrition, flavor and moisture.
- 1 small head of organic broccoli, rough chopped
- 1 small head of organic cauliflower, rough chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2-3 TBSP fresh basil, chopped
- 2-3 TBSP fresh oregano, stem removed, chopped
- 2 cups organic, gluten-free beef broth (may make your own broth easily, by simmering beef or beef bones for several hours, with or without seasoning)
- 2-pound sirloin tip roast, organic and grass fed.
- 1 tsp Fresh Shores Coconut Oil (available through Mercola.com)
- Place chopped broccoli and cauliflower in base of Turbo Oven.
- Sprinkle chopped basil and oregano over veggies.
- Pour beef broth over top.
- Make four slits in the sirloin tip roast and insert a clove of garlic into each one.
- Rub coconut oil in and around garlic slits and over top of roast.
- Place meat over top of veggies and herbs in Turbo Oven.
- Close lid of Turbo Oven.
- Turn dial to 350º setting.
- Set timer to 40 minutes.
The mouth-watering aroma from this garlic & herb roast & veggies will draw your family to the dinner table ahead of time. Guaranteed!
I know you’ll find the Mercola Turbo oven to be an amazing time saver, and it actually uses less energy than a conventional oven. It will give you the gift of time and enable you to make quick meals that taste like you took all day.
Note: For protein types, it’s easy to tweak this recipe by leaving out the broccoli and adding some carrots.
Note: The knives used in this video are Luci’s favorite, the Healthy Chef Knives from Mercola.com.