The 'Other' Salt: 5 Foods High in Potassium
October 16, 2010
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article.
According to Time Healthland:
"A recent report shows that consuming just 4.7 grams of "good salt" (potassium) is the equivalent of cutting out 4 grams of "bad salt" (sodium) in terms of reducing blood pressure.
But there are only so many bananas (.5g each) you can eat. Just in time for lunch, here's a list of 5 foods that can help boost your potassium intake."
The article goes on to list the following sources for potassium:
- Swiss chard (1 cup = 1g of potassium)
- Winter squash (1 cup = 1g)
- Avocado (1/2 Florida variety = .8g)
- Dried apricots (1/2 cup = .9)
- Baked potato (1 large = .9g)
The new study found increasing intake of potassium could improve blood pressure levels at the population level.
Stay Up-To-Date on the Latest Health News
If you haven't already, here's your chance to subscribe to the world's most popular newsletter! My FREE newsletter is instrumental in changing the lives of many people across the world. If you want to take control of your health then you won't want to miss out on this opportunity.
When you subscribe I guarantee:
- You'll be the first to hear about fast-breaking health news and hard-to-find tips for improving your emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being
- You'll save money because I'm committed to helping you stay healthy, so you won't need expensive prescription drugs or doctor's visits so often
- You'll get straight talk from me in plain English that shatters all the myths and misconceptions about health, aging, and fitness
Don't be left in the dark on breaking health news! Sign up for my daily newsletter today!