The website Fooducate has taken a look at the annual obesity report issued by Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Here are some of the 12 shocking statistics they found:
- Adult obesity rates rose in 16 U.S. states over the past year, and NOT ONE state decreased
- Twelve U.S. states now have obesity rates above 30 percent
- Just 4 years ago, only one state had an obesity rate above 30 percent
- Obesity rates exceed 25 percent in more than two-thirds of U.S. states
- Mississippi had the highest rate of obesity (34.4 percent)
- Colorado was the only state with a rate below 20 percent -- and next year will probably be above
- Adult diabetes rates increased in 11 states and Washington, D.C. in the past year; in 8 states, more than 10 percent of adults now have type 2 diabetes.
- High school dropouts have the highest rates of obesity
To read the rest of their list, you can click on the link below.