How to 'Peel' Hard-Boiled Eggs Without Peeling
July 24, 2008
Hard-boiled eggs can be annoying and time consuming to peel. In this video, master of time management Tim Ferris (author of the great book, The Four Hour Work Week), demonstrates how easy it is to get the egg without having to peel it!
- Cover the eggs with water and boil on low for about 12 minutes
- Cool the eggs by placing them in cold water with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and ice. The baking soda raises the pH level and reduces adherence. If you choose not to use baking soda, be sure to move the eggs into cold water with plenty of ice immediately after boiling
- Crack the top of the egg and remove a small piece
- Crack the bottom (wide end) of the egg and remove a small piece
- Hold the egg in your hand and blow vigorously into the narrow end of the egg, which will expel it out the wide end
Doesn't get much easier than that! Just be ready to catch it when it comes out…
For tips and guidelines on selecting the freshest and healthiest eggs, please see the links listed under Related Articles.
Warning: Video contains mild profanity, parental guidance suggested.
Stay Up-To-Date on the Latest Health News
If you haven't already, here's your chance to subscribe to the world's most popular newsletter! My FREE newsletter is instrumental in changing the lives of many people across the world. If you want to take control of your health then you won't want to miss out on this opportunity.
When you subscribe I guarantee:
- You'll be the first to hear about fast-breaking health news and hard-to-find tips for improving your emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being
- You'll save money because I'm committed to helping you stay healthy, so you won't need expensive prescription drugs or doctor's visits so often
- You'll get straight talk from me in plain English that shatters all the myths and misconceptions about health, aging, and fitness
Don't be left in the dark on breaking health news! Sign up for my daily newsletter today!